Contributed by SB Steve (Post Island SBs). Thank you.
[True confessions … Scrambled Thursday contained a photo of a pretty girl holding a giant crab, but the pretty girl was not the author of the story, Silverbelle Rhaine. Unbenownst to us, genuine photos of Rhaine holding giant crabs do exist, and we proudly share them here:
by Ariel Knutson
published in http://www.thekitchn.com
Now that we know a few of the secrets to making the best scrambled eggs, it’s time to take these eggs out on the town. You know, show ’em off a little and see what they’re really capable of. These 10 insane recipes are a great place to start.
1. Stuff them in waffles
Basically you take biscuit dough, stuff it with cheese and scrambled eggs, and then throw it in the waffle maker.
Stuffed Biscuit Waffles at Buns In My Oven
2. Fill up fancy rolls.
This is like a less expensive, but equally amazing lobster roll you might have during the summer.
3. Top a pizza!
You’ve probably seen a fried egg on top of a pizza, but have you ever seen straight-up scrambled eggs on a pizza? It makes things extra gooey.
4. Scramble into fritters.
It’s like an omelette, but with extra vegetables and a gooey, scrambled egg center. (from soupaddict.com)
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons corn flake crumbs or bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup cooked quinoa leftover quinoa works great
- 2 cups chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/3 cup chopped tomatoes about 8 to 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup goat cheese crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Crack the eggs into a medium mixing bowl, along with the baking powder, and whisk until scrambled. Stir in the corn flake/bread crumbs and cooked quinoa and mix well. Add the remaining ingredients and fold to combine.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat (you can also use a well-seasoned cast iron skillet). Spray surface with an oil spray. Heat until water droplets sizzle immediately upon hitting the pan.
- Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to scoop out the fritter mixture. Gently pour the fritter mixture into the pan. Use a regular table spoon with your free hand to push the mixture into a mound. Don’t worry about flattening it at this point. Add more to pan, but don’t crowd (it’s okay to work in batches). Cook the fritters for 2 minutes on this side.
- Use a flat spatula to flip the fritters. Gently press on each fritter to flatten to your preferred thickness. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and cool slightly before serving.
5. Griddle in quesadillas.
These are like breakfast tacos, but cooler.
6. The LBD of Eggs (Yo, Silverbacks, LBD is short for Little Black Dress. I had to look it up, too. SB SM … short for Silverback Stephen Morris)
I honestly don’t think I’ve ever seen scrambled eggs this fancy. This batch has black truffles, heavy cream, and country bread.
- 8 eggs (in shell)
- 1 cleaned medium fresh black truffle
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 extra-virgin olive oil
- Put eggs (in shell) and black truffle into a large bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 24 hours to let truffle perfume eggs.
- Crack eggs into a bowl, lightly beat, and season to taste with salt and pepper. Using a truffle slicer, mandoline, or sharp paring knife, shave 4 thin slices from truffle; set aside.
- Grate the remaining truffle on large holes of a box grater, then stir into eggs. Heat olive oil or butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add eggs and cook, stirring often, until just set, 2-3 minutes. Garnish with reserved truffle slices.
7. Roll up in sushi
This sushi roll is filled with green scrambled eggs and ham. Yes, that’s right.
8. Make a giant baguette sandwich
When all else fails, stuff a giant baguette with scrambled eggs and whole sausages.
9. Try adding something sweet.
This insane scrambled egg recipe has dates, cheese, and walnuts in it.
10. Grilled cheese sandwich
You know what would make your grilled cheese more ridiculous? Scrambled eggs. Duh.
(Sick of scrambled eggs? Next week we’ll move on to Denizens of the Jungle.)