(Originally published April 8, 2021. On May 23 Silverbelle Rhaine will graduate from Boston College with her Master’s Degree in Clinical Social Work. Congratulations!! Pictured SB Rhaine with her Nana, Silverbelle Sandy on the BC campus.)
You met Silverbelle Rhaine last November when SB Sandy and I delivered a socially distanced birthday cake. Rhaine, now 24, is completing her first year at Boston College pursuing a Master’s in Clinical Social Work. To help financially with her education she worked last year on a commercial crab fishing boat in Alaska where she picked up this down ‘n dirty-but-delicious way to make scrambled eggs in the ship’s galley:
- Melt butter in non-stick pan over medium heat
- Scramble 2 eggs lightly right in pan (or in bowl, then gently transferred to pan, chefs choice).
- Add in chopped bacon, herbs, spinach, ‘shrooms, crab meat, or what have you.
- Immediately place tortilla flat atop eggs and let the eggs cook to the tortilla (2-3 minutes)
- Flip and let tortilla brown on the other side (slide more butter under mid flip to achieve tortilla crispness).
- Take out of pan and add any other desired toppings (sour cream, salsa, sausage, cheese, avocado) and roll into a burrito. Very important to tuck the ends in snugly! (Think swaddling a baby. )
- Place burrito back in hot pan (SEAM SIDE DOWN!) and sear it closed.
Or, here’s a more elaborate option from one of Rhaine’s favorite foodies, Molly Baz, formerly of Bon Appetit.
Guess who visited us in Vermont this weekend? The fully-vaccinated, Silverbelle Rhaine. This shot atop Mt. Peg. Woodstock, VT in background.