You met Silverbelle Rhaine last November when SB Sandy and I delivered a socially distanced birthday cake. Rhaine, now 24, is completing her first year at Boston College pursuing a Master’s in Clinical Social Work. To help financially with her education she worked last year on a commercial crab fishing boat in Alaska where she picked up this down ‘n dirty-but-delicious way to make scrambled eggs in the ship’s galley:
- Melt butter in non-stick pan over medium heat
- Scramble 2 eggs lightly right in pan (or in bowl, then gently transferred to pan, chefs choice).
- Add in chopped bacon, herbs, spinach, ‘shrooms, crab meat, or what have you.
- Immediately place tortilla flat atop eggs and let the eggs cook to the tortilla (2-3 minutes)
- Flip and let tortilla brown on the other side (slide more butter under mid flip to achieve tortilla crispness).
- Take out of pan and add any other desired toppings (sour cream, salsa, sausage, cheese, avocado) and roll into a burrito. Very important to tuck the ends in snugly! (Think swaddling a baby. )
- Place burrito back in hot pan (SEAM SIDE DOWN!) and sear it closed.
Or, here’s a more elaborate option from one of Rhaine’s favorite foodies, Molly Baz, formerly of Bon Appetit.
Guess who visited us in Vermont this weekend? The fully-vaccinated, Silverbelle Rhaine. This shot atop Mt. Peg. Woodstock, VT in background.